First Eucharist is a process beginning in the 1st grade. The preparation is a minimum of two years which includes coming to know Jesus through prayer, liturgy, and retreats.
The First Communion discernment process involves the whole family and their readiness to receive the Sacrament. The criteria for readiness include:
- an active daily prayer life.
- exhibit an age-appropriate understanding of the Catholic faith.
- a deepening disciple relationship between the child and Jesus.
- share a Gospel story about Jesus.
- a desire to receive Jesus in the Eucharist.
- a concept of God’s mercy and forgiveness.
- a moral sense of right and wrong.
- understands the covenant relationship with God.
- attending weekly Sunday Mass in person.
If you have questions, please contact Rose Antognoli, Director of Faith Formation at (714) 842-3000 ext. 117 or Patty Carrillo at the Faith Formation Office (714) 842-3000 ext. 114 or Send Email to:.